Built – Falcon Works, Loughborough
Works No. – BS482
Accepted into traffic – 19th August 1964 as D1754
- 23 Feb 1974 to 47160,
- 9 Feb 1984 to 47605,
- 7 March 1994 to 47746
Brakes – Vacuum only from new, air brakes fitted Dec 1969 at Crewe Works, Vacuum system isolated March 1994 at Doncaster Works
Train heat – Spanner MKIII boiler from new, isolated between January 1970 and March 1973, Boiler and water tanks removed and ETH fitted at Crewe Works February 1984
- Two tone green
- BR Blue December 1969 (assumed date)
- BR Blue + silver roof by 3rd March 1978,
- BR Blue + blue roof September 1979,
- BR Blue + silver roof by 16th January 1980,
- BR Blue + blue roof – February 1984,
- BR Blue + silver roof by 13th September 1984,
- Triple Grey (unbranded) – September 1988,
- RfD sector decals applied by 20th March 1991,
- Rail Express Systems livery by 8th May 1992
- ‘The Bobby‘ fitted at Crewe Diesel in November 1995
Last Working – Monday 15th December 2003 ECS Holyhead-Bangor, 1H44 06:38 Bangor-Manchester Piccadilly (FNW service), 5H44 ECS to Crewe CS (LNWR) then light to Crewe Diesel. Stored serviceable at 15:00. Placed inside the shed upon closure of the depot on 27th December 2003.
- 47160 was admitted to Crewe Works for a replacement No.2 end cab following collision damage, at the same time as its ETH conversion to 47605.
- In March 1994 whilst undergoing overhaul at Doncaster Works loco received cab draughtproof modifications and the fitting of an additional underslung fuel tank.
- Res style LED tail lights noted fitted by 9th December 1995
- RCH jumper cables fitted by June 1996
- “The Bobby” name had originally been carried by 47743, which was damaged beyond repair in the Skelton Junction accident. New plates were cast for 47746 as the originals were damaged. The meaning of the name ‘The Bobby’ was selected in a British Transport Police staff newspaper competition to find a suitable name for a locomotive. Nameplates were removed whilst loco stored at CD in 2005.
|19/8/64||Landore (87E)||8/1/72||Birmingham Division||13/5/84||Stratford|
|2/65||Cardiff Canton (86A)||9/6/73||Immingham||16/5/87||Old Oak Common|
|1/68||Bristol Bath Rd (82A)||20/11/77||Immingham||28/5/88||Crewe Diesel|
|14/9/68||Birmingham Divison (DO2)||21/6/81||Haymarket||7/7/91||Crewe Diesel|
|20/12/69||Stoke Division (DO5)||3/10/82||Eastfield|
Sold for preservation – 23/02/07